As a new family-owned restaurant, Aleph offers tremendous opportunities for growth. We take an active interest in the professional development of our team members. This personal approach to career development allows our people to feel recognized and rewarded.
We have build an environment that will develop people in all areas of restaurant operations. We recognize that today’s work force expects to be challenged and have opportunities to grow.
We are looking for individuals that are:
- Positive with a great work ethic
- Responsible, punctual, and able to self-supervise
- Energetic characters that are able to contribute to the success of the team
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working under pressure
If you’re ready to take the next step in restaurant management, our Shift Leader position is the right place to do it. Working as a Shift Leader will let you develop your management skills while still having the time to do the things you enjoy. You'll benefit from our collaborative work environment, career growth opportunities and receive reward and recognition for your efforts.
Who you are...
- You’re a leader by example, a natural host, are passionate about food, and thrive on creating amazing guest experiences
- You’ve worked at least 2-3 years of closely related restaurant management experience; either a high volume or fast casual restaurant environment
- You’re able to lead a team with no supervision & build an atmosphere of teamwork, energy and fun
- A host/hostess at heart. An expert at throwing a killer party. You approach guests at the door with open arms, a rocking smile and they get the same on the way out
- A conversational expert with excellent communication skills
- The best wing-man/wing-woman to the kitchen team
- An advocate on adhering to sanitation and safety policies
- On point with maintaining great guest flow
- Able to multi‐task and maintain composure during peak business periods due to our open concept kitchen & restaurant
- Share your talents in order to develop Servers, Bartenders, Hostess' & Kitchen Team
If you’re ready to take the next step in the food and beverage industry, with ownership over your work and serving a great community, a position in our open-concept Kitchen is the right place to do it. Working in Aleph's agile kitchen will let you develop your cooking skills while still having the time to do the things you enjoy. At Aleph we treat each dish as if we were serving it to our family, with pride.
Who you are...
- Hard working, team-oriented, friendly, honest, and have great customer service skills.
- Open minded and take direction with a willingness to learn
- Able to perform duties resulting in the creation of spectacular tasting food with skill, efficiency and organization
- Impeccably clean and groomed in both your personal appearance and in the kitchen, to ensure safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Able to follow recipes precisely and reliably
- Have a good understanding of basic food prep and cooking techniques
- Must be able to multi‐task and maintain composure during peak business periods
- Professionally and promptly, respond to all customer concerns or issues
- Previous experience in a kitchen is a plus
- Serving it right certificate is a plus
- Foodsafe is a plus, though we can provide training
- Fluency in English is not a must for this position, but minimal proficiency preferred
- Culinary school education or previous work experience not mandatory, but are a plus